Not very long ago...
There's this cloudy day after a heavy rain in Shah Alam.
My mood was extremely bad after work on that day - I can't remember the reason but somehow I can't hide emotions very well.
I speed on that day, thought that the road look quite dry and is alright to speed since the rain had stopped.
Bad mood on a cloudy day is certainly not a very good thing for me, and crazilly I drove at a 85km/hr speed on a 90 degree bent road up a bridge.
For the first time in my driving experience, I've never encounter a slip on the road hence I was very suprise. Without thinking further I knew I was out of control and I'm heading towards the side of the bridge - the cement partition between my car and a 2nd floor height from the ground below the bridge.
For that 2 second that I knew I was going to hit the partition, 2 things come to my thought - will my car hit the partition, lost control and fell straight down the bridge and what's going to happen down there? What should I grab on to?
Before I could hold on to anything, the first hit at front and I try to hold on to the break several times and the car sort of spin for a 360 degree (with tyres squeking along the tar) before I could see anything the second hit on the back, scratches on the side of the car door with harsh metallic sound agaist the cement. When I had finally stopped the vision is blur and unclear. What happened? Is this some sort of what people said that damage on nerve system that disrupt vision or something like that? But I don't remember myself in pain of hitting anything nor my car fell down the bridge while I still feel the safety belt tightly attach to me. Car passes by me with a frighten look on their face and certain nice gentleman stop on the side to ask me am I OK.
I wave them away and still trying to look hard far questioning for the blur vision and suddenly I realised... my glasses! It dropped somewhere during the accident! I attempt to search for the glasses under the dim street light and suddenly aware of how dangerous my condition was when another idiotic car fly pass me and almost hit me at the front (he can't see me at the corner). Leaving me no choice I drove slowly while I squint my eyes trying to focus on the blur vision with another hand continue searching below my seat for my glasses.
Ah! What a day it was! The phone battery died short after I managed to call my father and Chia Chin...
After several months I finally could retell the story again. Not because of the fear. Is just that I take my life for granted over such a dangerous act - just because of a little 'moody' feeling.
What would really happen if the partition is not strong enough to hold me? Or the car is not heavy enough to balance me on the bridge and fell down?
Imagine when you are driving while something drop from above
When accident is not created due to your fault - at all
I'll Leave the others common sense you might have thought (of friends & family's shocking expression over the news.. etc etc)
Appreciate life~
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment