I started working on Wednesday, on my birthday.
This year, I didn't spend it alone like how I did in a few years back. I am touched, and I am thankful to them, my colleagues whom I haven't known more than 2 months time.

From left: Han Chen, Anthony, Raymond, Guan Yi, Terence.
I really want to say, thank you, everyone. Although it is just a dinner but I am really really happy. Also, that night I spend whole night chatting with them and have so much fun!
one more time~ THANK YOU guys!
I've been feeding on this Jay Chou's song for over 2 week now but never feel sick of it. To me whenever Jay Chou create a new song regarding country side theme (like in the past is 'qi li siang' (aroma from 7 miles), something great would happen to me, something dramatic, a change in life, whether it will be a happy ending, that is to be determine by myself(I screw up the previous one haha...).
This is similar to 'qi li siang', but this is more meaningful. 'Qi Li siang' is regarding romance, but 'dao siang' is regarding life. Which now I feel, is something more important in life.
Let go, is just to let go of a little part in life and let yourself breath, you will continue to live on, but the lifestyle might change for a period or time, or permanently. It is just a change, not necessary it become worse.
It is just a period of time to think about something good comes to you and now is a period of time to evaluate yourself with the other person what is the next step you should take.
How sad it is to flip on the newpaper, to see a commit suicide or homicide due to what they say 'unsolve problem'. Although it is bias for me to judge now when I have not go through what they have to go through, but I believe, to think of death should really be the last resort - or it should have never exist. Just like share market, or just like any chart trend in this world, there is never, NEVER a condition where it remains constant. Just like life, it would be shitty and suck at that moment, maybe a few years, but it will never be permanent. Life may be sad but it wouldn't be like that forever, really!
Thanks to wide range of Jay Chou fan! English sub titled for this song! Impressive on how they translate the song, it's word by word translation:
Thanks Jay Chou! It's good that the world have you to console people in such impressive manner~
@@@@@@****@@@@@@******@@@@@@******@@@@@*****@@@@ (if u ask me what is this, it's roses among the torns - Raymond is always saying that haha...)
Do you remember how are the stories like when you are little?
except famous stories like cinderella or snow white, my parents bought tons of stories books for me regarding morals in life:
For example I remember a story of:
- a crocodile are best friend with a monkey, but one day when the crocodile's mom sick and the only cure is to eat a monkey's heart, the crocodile cheated the monkey to climb on his back on a river (so that the monkey can't escape) and when the monkey found out his friend's true intention, he told the crocodile that his heart is left at home. So when the crocodile return the monkey to his home, the monkey climb back up the tree and swear never to trust and befriend the crocodile anymore
- a lion and a monkey hate each other. one day during an animal party gathering the lion is trying to embarrasse the monkey, so when they are sitting together eating bananas (don't ask me why lion eat banana, the narator says he eats banana), the lion eat lots of banana and he push all the banana skin to monkey's pile. After eating, lion pointed on the pile of banana skin infront of monkey and says:' hey guys look at him, monkey is so greedy. He ate the most bananas.' But monkey calmly says:'I might be greedy and eat a lot of bananas, but everyone please look at lion. He even ate the banana skin.'
- more to go, if u ask me to tell u a bed time story i think i can still remember quite a few of them
But today as I go through the newspaper, I am amaze and facinated by how nowadays kids read their story books.
I got it through a chinese newpaper 'kids column'. So i'll try to translate them.
Mother mouse is searching for food along with her kids, junior 1 and junior 2 in a housing area. But then they encountered a cat in one of the houses they went in to.
The cat smile at them. The mice were scare. But as a mom, she tries to protect her child by staring defensively at the cat, try to warn the cat to not to come close to them. While they are in this critical situation, mommy mouse could only thought of her child that were just a few weeks old. She thought of running, but then again she knew never to turn your back on your enemy, and it would be pointless for them to run now as the cat would have catch up with her kids easily. She try to imagine herself as a tiger, how she would strangle and fight with the cat if he were to attack her kids (hey, i didn't exegerate these part, this is really what the narator says in the story...)
The cat have no intention of catch them and eat them. It is not because he's kind, or feel sympathy for the mice. Although he is fed in this current family, but sometimes when he thought of certain things happen in the past, he would feel sad. There's this once when he is sleeping beside his owner's car, the owner should have seen him there, but as he reverse the car the tyre went over his poor tail. When he cried in pain, people passing him outside the house ignore him, and the owner too ignored him. When he thought about this, he felt sad. But when he was born, he's separated from his mom. No one ever taught him how to cry when he's sad. (don't ask me, is also what the narator says... i won't be that creative)
'mommy, the cat looks sad', junior 2 says and unconsciously he ran towards the cat to have a closer look at him. Mother mouse is very nervous, she held her breath, afraid of a sudden death of her poor child. Suddenly, the cat held and press on the little mouse under his paw, but not with his claws. Mother mouse ran towards her child crying while demand junior 1 to run away as far as possible. The cat too, gently put his paw over the mother mouse and held her down, but not using his claws. Suddenly, the cat's tear fell upon the mice.
'Why are you crying?' ask mother mouse.
'Am I crying? I don't even know how to cry.' says the cat
'What do you mean? u are tearing, how is that not crying?' ask the mother mouse.
'So is this crying? Whenever I see how my owner ignore me, or when he kick me, I would feel my eyes wet and tears would start to flow. Here you go guys, ur child should be really hungry isn't it? He's so skinny and is trembling. Go feed urself, i knew they just prepared dinner.' The cat says and lift his paws, release the mice.
The mice found some food in the kitchen, feed themselves full, and when they get out of house, mother mouse would like to thank the cat for letting them off. When they found the cat, he's inside a cage.
'Why are you in a cage?' Ask mother mouse
'This is the price i have to pay, for the food i get and the shelter from rain. sigh' says the cat. As the mice about to leave, the house owner saw the mice and throw a slipper towards them. However he miss and the slipper hit the cat in the cage.
'Let's go kids. We should feel glad. Al least, we are lucky to have freedom.'
End of story
_____________________
By the time i finish reading... i just can't stop thinking. Kids nowadays read these?
The content are so mature and it taught us the ugly and cruel realistic in the society... by giving real life example, and so emotional! (can't blame why people nowadays seem more 'moody' than in 60's or 70's)
I don't remember I read anything like that when I was younger, or maybe I was too blur to understand something similar when I was young. Kids born in the millenium seems to be much more smarter and mature than in comparison when I was young. Let say the most common trick is to trick to kids at that age that the cops will prison them if they behave badly, or witch would catch them and take them away from parents, or stories of bogeyman would have scare (at least me). But kids nowadays are smart enough to know those are just tricks...
1 comment:
Glad to know you enjoyed yourself.
:)
More to come eh!
Post a Comment