Monday, 14 January 2008

and so.. they live happily ever after?

Since young, among the romance in Disney's movies, Beauty & the Beast has always remain my favourite.

Come to think about it now, it's because I like it in the fact that romance in this story is nurtured through a lot of rough and difficult time. That's how a relationship should be isn't it? Snow white/ sleeping beauty type of stories simple freaks me. Met for the first time fall in love and married the next day? Sounded so insecure and distant.

Although princesses stories sound so sweet and beautiful but as I grow up and ask my mom where do I come from, after learning that babies do come from mommy's womb and the pain she'd gone through (mom... I still think you are too advanced in educating me about it; during that age my friend's parents are still constantly telling her that she's delivered by stork). That, when I learnt the truth of how babies were born I felt so disturbed and can never understand why do mommy choose to married to daddy even if she knew it is painful in giving birth. I remember constantly telling myself not to get married in the future so I could escape from that type of 'torture' almost every woman must bear. And come to think about it, God is very wise in creating lush and romance among all living creatures so that this type of feeling could defeat the fear of pain & sacrifice. Somehow somekind of hormone just gives you the crave of having a child with the one you love.

I am believing in a relationship that grows when 2 individuals could help and support each other during tough and difficult times. The type of emotional impact would be much greater then just a simply 'happy go lucky everyday' type of relationship. The feelings are more intense and true, sincere and unforgettable. It is also a chance to reflect what you feel towards the other, is he that important to you that you could give up what you think is precious to you from the beginning? Are you taking things for granted or do you really deserves it? Is he feeling the same for you or is it a one sided-love type of relationship? Is this going to be a durable relatioship? Can you see yourself in each other?

I've never been in that type of relationship. My relationship doesn't require gone through of hard difficult times. I never fall for anyone from a tragic we shared. Sometimes I do wish I could experience it once but I know I can only be too thankful for the love and care God gave me through my life and a thought of 'requesting' something like that sounded sinful.

I've been sounded very 'Shakespeare' (over romeo & juliet's) but well I guess my thought might change again during another phase of my life. A playful soul that will soon be tame over period of time :)

No comments: