Tuesday, 26 December 2006

Allergy

I'm one of the slow-to-adjusting-to-environment person. Maybe I'm one of the slowest among people I've known.

How about you? Are you a fast adjuster or slow adjuster?

Infact, you can call me an 'allergic to accommodating' person.

Since young, whenever my mom tries to move my things around, move the furniture in my room around, I will frown. I will try to shift them back. I will debate with mom saying it is better to leave it like how it used to be. Then she will move it again, saying that it save much more space.

By the time I am adjusted to my old 'nest', she will move the things around again(sometimes even back to the arrangement I used to accommodate to some time ago), I will debate again: "Isn't it better like this? Why move it again? You said it yourself last time that this way save more space!"

And she always laugh at me. "Isn't it same arrangment before the LAST arrangement?"

"Then Why move again?"

"Because then you won't bored of looking at your room. Besides, you got to clean the hidden spaces you couldn't usually clean."

"..."

That's me. When I adapt to something, I hate changing it.
Somehow, I feel uncomfortable and foreign with things I've used to. I walk into the room in dark, and I will bang into something because I've forgotten about the new arrangment.

Ah ha! Walk in the dark, somehow my family(besides dad) seems to be bless with cats eyes and we manage to travel into a dark kitchen and manage to get ourselve a cup of water, and without spilling it. This is one of the bad habit for us, because we are even so lazy to switch on the light(i know, this is a weird type of 'laziness'). I don't know why they do that, but as for me, I'd once felt a spark on the switch after my hand is slightly damp. And since then, the only place I would unconsciously travel in the dark is the kitchen. And this habit remains in me until after staying in the 2nd home and this 3rd home. My father is the only one who would switch on the light for us and laugh at us whether we are trying to save some electricity? I think he's worried that we might step on a rat or a cockcroach...

When I first went to that country that doesn't really have thunder and lightning during rain, I had a serious jet lag, due to my allergy to accommodating my biology clock, for 3 weeks! For that 3 weeks, I'd dizziness, I woke up in the middle of the night and I feel sleepy in the day. I walk around in the day during the orientation and all sorts of freshers ice breaking meetings and activities, and somedays I went on with the floating sensation that I believe I am dreaming. I ask my friends am I seeing them real there or am I sleep walking until a friend gave me a slap on my back. Ouch... Lack of sleep really had a very bad effect on me, making me talk more than I usually do, I have the urge to do something I've long wanted to do in probably not in the rasional way(the same feeling as being drunken). And I could even sleep during dinner especially very sleepy days.

And coming back home gave me a very strong headache and dizziness. I woke up at 5 a.m in the morning and sleep at 8 p.m. I couldn't take my breakfast and I can only eat during lunch time and early dinner.

In fact, any allergy won't do you any good.

1 comment:

keith said...

mei.. merry christmas~ 0''__'':''';;,,'oo :)