Recently every mobile prepaid lines in Malaysia needs registeration, as they don't plan out things properly in the beginning of this service and they need to cut down on crime of selling secondhanded stollen phone or something like that. Currently the line i'm using is a suck network where lots of places you got to will not be able to function well and the only line you can call is emergency line.
As for digi registeration online. The system is horriblely inconvinient and stupid. Incase anyone log in to www.digi.com.my under prepaid phone registeration in the OCS(online customer service)thing. You'll notice that the part where you entered your password. Bloody hell! You cannot directly type out the password into the 'password collumn' like any other system in this world would do, it is so unique that you have to press your password(which is sent as 4 digit number to you) from the 10 number buttons below the password, arranging in 2rows 5collumn format. The numbers on the buttons are not particularly clear as around 1/4 of the letter is missing. It is already been annoying to read it, the letters are not in seqence arrangement! It goes something like 5,2,0, or something like that! Who the bloody designer would create such an idiotic arrangement and would need you to strain your eyes in order to log in to your own account?
And for the streamyx system I've just applied in my new house. I went for registeration, waiting for 50 minutes in damansara TM center, finally when is turn I went to the counter and hand her the application form. She ask me a few questions, type in my name and IC num into the computer, along with the lan line phone num. Then she went to photocopy my IC and the application form, and promise me that the technicien will come to fix the phone line in 3 days time, following by the technicien who will fix the internet modem after 5 days working time. She then took the application form, turn around and put it into a big box, along with other similar yellow application forms. That puzzle me for a moment, why don't you fill in all the details into the computer right at this moment? It i doesn't take you much time, for filling in applicant's address, current phone number, past history and etc doesn't take you more than 5 minutes! (OK lah if you are a really slow typer then I give you 10 minutes).
The phone line technicien came as promise. He did a brilliant job by coming in time. I then waited for another 2 days for the modem technicien, in which the lady in the servicing company had promise me. He didn't turn out. I waited for another 3 days, the modem technicien didn't come. I phone to TM and ask them to track me the current status, the customer service department says they can't find my detail on the computer. What the heck? I then explain to them I've register it on that current date, and I remember the lady serving me name xxx at counter number 5 at 12.30pm, AND i remember she put my application form in the big box under the table between counter 5 and 6. The customer service lady went off, search for around 10 minutes and finally gave me another phone num asking me to phone to another of TM main center to find out whether my details are on their computer syster. Damn good service, the customer are paying for the service and yet have to track down the progression of the service and where the heck did his/her information went to.
I phone to this another TM center which I've given this phone num, and the same result turn out. The service department lady ask me in which TM branch I registered for streamyx? She then again search for another 10 minutes telling me that she can't find my detail in the computer. She then refer me to phone back the the original branch. I told her THE ORIGINAL BRANCH ASK ME TO PHONE YOU. She said maybe I have to go back to that branch TM center. Just like playing monkey catch, where people are circuling around the person pretend as monkey(me), throwing the ball to each other, and avoid the monkey from catching the ball(and that stupid monkey have to chase around for the ball).
I'm frustrated. I phone back to that branch TM again. The lady discuss with me and really did suggest me to come over. Ok fine I'll drive there to check out where the heck did my application detail went to. I reach there, the lady suggested me to press the C choices request(when you reach to the company, the services are categorize into a few selection so certain staff serving certain type of service). The number I got starts with a 4(lets call this C, customer service), and as I waited for nearly 30 minutes, the number board keep changing for numbers starting with other digits besides 4(which mean that the other services such as billing services, application service are going pretty fast besides mine). another 25 minutes past and there's still no service for customer who got waiting number starting with 4. I went to complain to one of the staff, telling them it IS NOT FAIR at all as there are no staff that is currently serving for customer service, and I've been waiting here for 1 hour. Finally, that guy went over to the main office and soon number 4 coming out on the number board.
And very finally, it's my turn. I went to the lady and kindly tell her my situation, gave her the photocopied application form that day to her. She checks the computer, and immediately she type in my details into the computer. If the staff would have type in ALL THE DETAILS INTO THE COMPUTER, then this type of problem would not occur. This would have save you and me time, no? While waiting for the printing I jokingly ask how could a customer's application form be lost? It is something very important and that's one of your company's long term client.(as most people would sign for internet service for a few years(with RM77 each month X 12months X let say 1 year) already a large amount, not yet included deposit, service payment and etc at which all these big sums from all customer around malaysia, put part of it into a bank or to investment do you know the interest is a fairly large figure? She just smile. And when she is seaching something between her counter and her colleague's counter, I overheard them whispering some fella's name saying that must be her fault of something like that... ok anyway that's nothing to do with us.
Immediately she printed out a short slip for me, along with the modem technicien phone number, and telling me that the technicien should come on the following day, around 10 to 11 am. Fast and accurate.
In recent years, TM change it's image and renovation in every TM branch shop. They have all sorts of advertisements saying things like :"I feel good. This place is different". Or having advertisement where a guy heading into a TM shop, the moment he step into the shop, he's shock, because of the bright orange colours and the welcome greetings the staff gave. He immediatelly go out of the shop thinking he went into the wrong shop, look at the company name infront of the building again, and proceed with suprise and satisfaction on how much TM has change it's quality service.
I found that the staff there are quite professionally polite, and do have a smile on their face. The techniciens are great and on time too(and there's this cute technicien coming to fix the moden). However, only the individual performance effective doesn't guarantee the performance of the whole company. There's a very big lack of compromising and working together between the staff. (As I persume from the overheard conversation, and where my application form gone to, I presume that the lady who serve me on the first day has the only duty of "serving the customer, got the form, photocopy it and then put it into that damn box, that's all I should do" And perhaps she put all the application forms into the box in order for another of her colleague to type in all the customers' details into the computer later. Maybe that box didn't reach that person and where the heck did that box went to nobody knows now). There is no system to detect how long every staff serve every individual customers, or wheter all customer will be serve in estimated time, or all type of service are available for the respective customers. I'll shut up and I hate to repeat.
It's a very comman thing in Malaysian's working society. People perform their task well, however there are always lack of cooperation. Maybe the management team should be blame of for not using their brain and think properly when they are too concern with the profit that are always in the constant line or perhaps dropping drastically, and blaming for all sorts of things like extra costs on something unnecessary and bla bla bla. Maybe the staff are the ones to be blame for backstabbing each other and are not willing to compromise.
The theory is just simple. Is 2 staff have to spend each of their time just to serve 1 customer, that's a waste of that 1 staff's 15 minutes salary. If customers have to call in to complain about the service and tracking their services, that means an extra 1 more staff is needed to pick up unnecessary complain calls. Another staff's salary is wasted.(Now that in my case in the digi center and digi branch is total of 3 staffs, so is a waste of 3 staffs X 15 min). IF everything works well at the very least the company should only employ 1 staff to per customer, and no one would be running around the company seaching for 'lost documents'.
Here, xxx sucks, TM sucks, broadband companies here sucks. I wish there will soon be a super efficiency broadband company appear that can provides 10Mbps service, operatable and faster internet service. Man I hope that super company could wipe out all these sucky companies and make their broadband services go bankrupt. And than laugh in their face. Wah hahahaha.....
And I got a bad news... I don't know how the system work. Even registered to the prepaid phone service online, They still text me telling me that my phone is not registered(even i've registed 2 weeks ago). Guess I'll have to make another trip to digi again.
~ sorry i've confused TM with digi earlier on
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
:p ur topic should go like this- communication breakdown.. speechless.. haha. feel so sorry, u actually had to wait for an hour plus an hour plus an hour till the clock ticks by and still well.. i think u may just be frustrated. anywys.. playing monkeys are all the side-effect of clerks and colleagues. have a good weekend! :p
Post a Comment