Sunday, 17 December 2006

Pretty boy

Warning: Today's entry is entire based on me. Nothing else.

Yesterday I had a refreshing 20 minutes hair cut with one of my favourite hair stylist... and totally satisfying results.

I had my last cut in one of the chain salon. It doesn't match me and the ratio of the overall style is not proportionate. She cut my hair thin on the top and thick near my collar area. So, it has some kind of illusion that looks like a mushroom, somehow... even though I didn't dyed my hair red with white spots on it... It might have suite some people with oval shape face, just not me.

The worst experienced I had was with a young hair stylist, she studied my hair first, and talk to me about my desire hair cut. I wanted something layer and choppy on the top, so I can made a 'out of bed' style. My hair is black, thin and soft(in terms of asian compare to asian), however my hair is still consider rough and dense as compared to blondes and brunettes. So probably this girl has not much experience on cutting black hair, and she didn't know the challenge she'll face later.

She take out some comb, scissors, some accessories and beginning to slash of my shoulder length hair. Cut cut cut.... when the first bunch of hair was cut, suddenly I felt some of the hair fell into the gap between my back and my shirt. I gasp, looking at her, and she look a bit shocked, trying to put her hand into my shirt and pull out the strand of hair fell into my shirt, I don't want her to tickle me so I shift myself sideway, and instead I tell her that's fine I'll get it out myself. She rush to get the piece of rubber she should have put around my neck, and that's the time both of us realised we've missed out something...

And the advanture continue. She cut cut cut... cut cut.... and I have amazingly lots of hair and she seem to unable to thin my hair. And since my hair is black it made it more difficult to see the layers as compare to a blonde. I could see her struggle, and what I could do is just to close my eyes tightly and pray... to the hair fairy...

Then I ask her is everything alright? She talk to me a while, and telling me she seem to be unable to thin my hair... and made it choppy. There's a senior hair stylist walking around looking at both of us, and she stare at her for a moment the way she cut my hair. Later she(senior) took a comb and a scissors walking towards her asking her is she alright, does she need her(the senior) help? The girl cutting my hair seems tense, but maybe she's new and wanted to prove that she can do it, she didn't want to look at her, shaking her head :"I'm fine, fine." As she continue to thin my hair with a blade, she pulled my hair so hard I almost teared... and finally after a few strokes I beg her :"forget about that... it hurts a lot...."

Oh God.... it seems like that's the end of my hair... i didn't want to hurt her feelings, so what I could do is to instruct her where I wanted it to be shorter and longer, and a mistake I made when she had finally finished. I couldn't see the obvious thick and thin difference from the back reflection mirror since my hair is too dark to see the layers...

The next few days I phone back to that salon asking for a 'rescue' from the one of my favourite hair stylist there: the born in England Hong Kongnise's help. Unfortunately I couldn't find him. They found me another hair stylist instead, which has rescue my 'mushroom symptom'... but it just simply couldn't suite me.

And back to yesterday's hair stylist, I wanted to try out a little spikey effect. He did a good job leaving the proportion right, such as longer at the back to lengthen my round face. The final result, since my hair is too soft, he told me that my hair must be really short for the effect. And now the shortest hair I've got measure to around 2 cm long from the root... Wow....

Sis said I look like a pretty boy...

No comments: