Thursday, 14 December 2006

scary...

"Che che... (elder sis)" My little niece gently pulling my skirt.

"Yes little Faye?"

"I scare dark..." She pointed into the toilet.

I turn on the light for her, but she still refuse to go in alone.

"Che che... this world got ghost or not?"

"No lah. Nothing like that exist? "

"But why po po(granny) always ask me to say 'ze me'(excuse me) when I pee outside?

I used to be like that when I was younger. Running out of the school hall screaming while friends telling us ghost stories and myth of primary school hall being used as a hospital during pre-war period. Me and some friends went to school extremely early(we were taking the same school bus), and I used to believe there were spirits and monsters hidding their victims' chopped off head in the store room under the hall stage. Hahaha...

For the very first time I received a chain letter, it was written by hand. Like any ordinary chain letters that list out conditions and 'treat'. It also has a mysterious looking symbol below the letter, and hence it looks scary. Then I used to be so scare for the whole week. again... hahaha.... laughing thinking at this point.

During younger age while playing with cousins, talking about boogeyman, talking about chinese undead, spirits, etc. Having adventure cycling to haunted house, play spirited coins(where chinese believes each coins posses a spirit, and can tell you your future when you summon it), dailing random mysterious phone number given by an elder cousin... lot of scary in the past and laughing in the present incidents.

When I first go to England, sleeping in the room alone while other flatmates have not move in yet, I'm alone in the whole apartment. But probably I was too tired and sleep without bothering that it's too quite. And the thoughts of having a chinese 'undead' in England makes me laugh because I simply cannot imagine having seeing a guy in white makeup and Ching Dynasty costume jumping around England. Under the dark where the street lights shinning on your face, due to the caucasians' fair skin and sharp features, especially the Gothics punk, they make no difference to the chinese 'undead's white face. And basically I think chinese 'undead' look scarier than a vampire, werewolf, dead God because they look too cartoonish.

There's been an incident in one of my friend's apartment. In one of the room, there's always been a chair at the same place, with a bible sitting on it. Asking him why did his weird room mate did that? He said because people always see a guy sitting on the chair, while the room owner went out. They first thought that it was an illusion. Later they think of ways to calm the spirit and hence put a bible on the chair. That's why the bible and the chair sits there all the time. Thumbs up for that guy who still stays in the room after the incident.
And for this incident, we, whom heard about this story will simultaneously ask him,
"is that a white guy, a black guy, or a yellow guy? Did you see his face? Or is that a she?"

And he yell back,
"Who do you think would be crazy enough to have a close look at it? Would you do that when you first saw it?"

And I believe you've heard lots more about mysterious stories and myth, or you might have seen them with your own eyes.

But why are people feeling so scare with spirits? with ghost? They are just simply souls that wonder around isn't it? They are human beings too before they die. Is not like we didn't know what they are, where are they come from, or any monsters where you wouldn't know whether they will eat dogs or pigs or human being alive. When you know they might exist, and they were souls, and they don't eat human beings, why are you people still so scare of them?

In my point of view, the most scary thing are not ghost nor spirits, they are our homosepiens.

Human beings can smile at you while pointing a knife at your back. But ghost can't
Human beings can plan and murder you. But ghost can't
Human beings can make you cry and break your heart. But ghost can't
Human beings can torture you and make you wish that you could just die immediately. But ghost won't do that to you

When you see a ghost your instinct tells you to go away and don't disturb it.
But when you see a human being, even with hidden intention, you can't always see it.
By the time you see the intention, you might have been 6 feet under the ground.

The point is, seeing a ghost, most people are still alive.
But seeing an evil intension, most people won't have the chance to live.

What do you think? who is scarier?
p.s: people who still are afraid to walk alone in the dark, with the reason:"i'm afraid i'll meet with something i shouldn't see." please give it a second thought and make use of your senses.

No comments: