Totally amazing and totally American company, Apple - Machintosh.
While now taking a chance during my 'turbulent phase'(to find the definition please browse back previous history post), and also due to the fun I've miss out on blogging 2 years ago, maybe today I'm going to talk about a little with my best friend today who had feed me with various movies, dramas, he sang for me, he teach me knowledge through world book, he provide me surfing fun, and help me with my assignment. He's my fair prince charming, iBook G4 Mac OS X, version 10.3.9
Why out of sudden I wanted to talk about him? Emm... because someone keep bugging me to introduce my boyfriend... :) Ok ok come back to the topic. Last time I've not know his well enough to defend him when everyone else saw him and ask: "What? Why did you choose 'him'? Of so many choices?(what they meant actually is why choose a machintosh over a window and Linux). I bring him to a computer workshop and the technician look at him and ask me: "What? An Apple? Why Apple?" My dear cousin saw him and: "Oh My God, an Apple?" And another friend of mine who's majoring in IT: "Oh dear... you choose an Apple." The frowning and questions like the programs are not as popular as Windows, not many Mac Users around, and people tell me some technical terms that makes my head spinning and self doubt whether I've really had make a bad choice. Because I've only know him 1 week before he became my partner. The person who introduce Machintosh to me is the only person on my side against many Machintosh Wonders.
My first impression with him? Well, I do find him a little difficult to operate since I'm allergy to changes. The way a Machintosh operates not reallly differ from a window, is just the arrangments and different icons that makes the first time search a little difficult(when you are used to something, and when the arrangment mess up, of course it takes take to get yourself familiarize again) First is the appearance overall, and then on a 'desktop screen' All the programs ranging from Internet Explorer, Window Excel Words Powerpoint, VLC, Window Media Player, ITune, MSN, and some other Apple softwares such as Appleworks, IPhoto, IMovie, Worldbook and etc logos are arrange neatly at the bottom of this 'desktop screen'. Then on top of the 'desktop screen is a silver row starting off with a blue apple logo(this is similar to the Start button on 'desktop screen' you see on your computer. Then follow up beside the apple icon are functions such as 'File, Edit, View, History, Bookmarks, Window and Help' like the one you will see on top of a Words program. On the top right side of the 'desktop screen' will show time, date, detection of internet connection, selection of language and batery life. Well, both Windows and Mac still operate in the same way.
The similarity between Windows and Machintosh are the 'x' square button, or known as the close button on an open window or program(on Windows). On a Mac, the there are 3 buttons: red, yellow, green. Looks like traffice light. The red button is the close button. The Yellow button is similar to the '-' button or minimize button on a Windows. The green button is something like the enlarge windows button. Hence I could say that the function between a Mac and Windows basically are the same, besides the difference in appearance.
These are the first impression on my first few months with him. Later as I use other softwares and programs, I notice the differences. When I insert the application software CD into Apple, the simple procedure pops up, like do I accept the software on agreement, where should I store it, and that's all. They way he ask me is very friendly, no weird Windows terms and language and asking me things I didn't know. Like internet connection, it is fast and directly. No tedious set ups and foreign language for a computer dummies like me. Through out these 2 years he never hang on the middle of my work or let me scratching my head on how to turn it off, since the 'force quit' button will be available if any program didn't run smoothly and I can shut down the program, and I will be back to the 'desktop screen' easily and start all over again.(I have a phobia with force shut down computer when one of the unlucky person I've encounter a year ago told me that his entire hard drive need reinstallation due to his 'force on the power button' and some 'needle thing feel on the spinning drive, causing scratch and jam). I've seen numerous friends around back up their files and reprogramming their computers, sending to workshop everywhere, due to virus infection while my partner is safe and sound. However, people still prejudise against my Apple... And they always tell me they hate it. Why? Because they are not use to it and they find it difficult for controlling. This lead me to silence laughter due to a weak reason for saying that, and a reason they blame on themselves instead of my computer.
And So, today with valid prove and experience with my fair prince, I finally found justice for him. Wah hahaha....
And anyone who would simply shoot down my Mac would not get away that easily.
Extra supportive point:
The cleaning of my current Apple is totally easy, and no worries of damaging the disc room area due to my clumsiness.
I've known a lot a lot of Mac switcher, very happy with Apple.
I've been into Apple shop that is so crowded with people it even take me time to go into the rear and to find an empty Mac on the display table. And everyone seem very happy with them.
I never been back to any Apple shops or Computer workshops after the first day I brought him home with me.
Well, now I'll give him back the glory to revenge for himself. Go argue with Him instead:
http://www.apple.com/getamac/ads/
OK now, come shake hands. No more hard feelings~ Just go and have a sneak peak and you'll enjoy the humour.
Saturday, 30 December 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment