Friday, 19 January 2007

Hidden treasure

One particular friend shares the same birthday with me and we think like a twins. He is very adventurous and I know he's the right candidate to ask for trying a new thing. Through a journey in Scotland, we look over a hill looking over the blue sea. Beautiful contrast of green and blue, with a few people walking up the hill in jumper and anarok.

'Want to go up there?' He asked.

And all the way we went up the hill. On top of the hill, the ships around the port appeared to be toy ships, and people by ant figures. There are little path and stone stairs that save us from any climbing needs up the steep hill.

Then when the sun set, he went down the hill by trying to climb down the steep and rocky path. No, actually that's not a path but this crazy fella create a path on his own. I didn't want to go down by there at first, but since I am the one responsible over him during his 10 days trip around UK, I tried to stop him but he have started climbing down the hill. I followed him and he really did make me sweat through the chilling windy July up north. Even the Scottish walking up the hill trail were amazed while we were both stuck there with no return, the only way is to continue the advanture down the hill. There's no actual big plant or grass or whatever we could really cling onto and the land is rocky and sandy, and a slip will definately slide us down the hill, definately with some injuries by the rocks along this hill. Well, I actually wanted to scold him when we get down the hill but by the time we reach there with safety, the satisfactory feeling of being blessed safely turn away my initial fear and anger by his deed.

But then he make me realised that he's the best buddy to try out any new things I doubt others will join me.

'Go skating want ah?' I invite him yesterday.

'No... I never skate. But, I really want to try.'
Haha, I see his desire to try out something he's longing to do.

Then we went for skating yesterday. With basic safety and intial skating experiences I explained to him we head off to the ice rink. My second and his first skating experience. Well to my amazement he learnt to balance within 1 hour time, and in the next hour he walk on the ice rink without any assistant. This fella had not fall even once and he could skate a short distance, and I think the speed of his first skating experience is consider as 'fast'. He reminded me of fear and courage are constantly encountering each other.

Wow... now I can't wait to try out bungee jumping and real mountain hiking.

How about you? Remind yourself of a friend who discover something you never know that was born in you?

No comments: