Tuesday, 30 January 2007

Paths to be taken in life

Decision making is not something new for me as I've been through experiences like these for this 15 years, since starting kindergarten. :) well then again, decision making is still something annoying.

Last week I got a call from a lady in a company I wish to enroll in, a place at which I know, this is a place where I could make an improvement and changes for better, and everyone would be really dedicated to work hard for it. This is not that type of company where workers simple come to work because I only want money and I don't give a damn what every would happen to the company or the clients as long as I get paid and get promoted and everything goes messy and unorganised and frustration.

The lady did talk to me about the interview might come around March, at which I would have a good 1 month to 1 1/2 months time. She talk to me about the long waiting time and concern about the inconvinience I might have gotten just to wait for the interview, and at which my performance in this coming interview will only give me an assurance of this job, or maybe not. What she did told me was that I should get on with my life first, if I am interview and offered a job by other companies, I can consider that and if this company(which this lady is working for) did approved my interview and gave me the position, I could consider coming back to work for them.

This leads me to thinking of the consequences. A few companies these few days do ask me to go for an interview, however I know that if I am to accept the position, get train there for a few weeks, attend for the interview in the March, and if I do get a job there, I will have to quit this job in the current company and move on happily with the company I really want to work for. The thing is, the current company would have a little headache to have to arrange for another interview train the new worker again, and fast to cover my left position. I'll save the trouble for them if the company interview in March is not successful.

Then again rotting at home now is kinda frustrating. And the interview in March among the competence of around 60 candidates makes a tough competition. Although I am confident, but I am still a fresh graduate that posses no any experiences and I am not too sure of my standard as compare to different Malaysian students from various universities and background^^

This situation is similar to 'What if the person you dearly love and you are not sure of whether he will feel the same for you? And at the same time another guy who treats you well and loves you, would you still wait for the one you love? Chances are, the guy you love loves you too and you would be in love soon, or the guy you love went to someone else and you stay with the one that loves you. If you wait for the guy you love, the one that loves you might think that he did not have a chance anymore and leave. At the end you might be all alone again yourself.'

i think I'll stick to the one I like. Maybe I should do some other part time jobs or volunteering jobs first to pass my time. Oh, blame myself for my own stubborn responsibility attitude.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"stubborn responsibility attitude"... well, this makes me think bout ethic...

i studied bout business ethic last semester... & the thing tht keeps my mind working all the time is - "how & what can i do to get a good carrer?"

should i get a job tht i like? should i get a job with high salary? should i get a job that tht is secure?...

lots of question keep coming out & it seems tht there is no end...

decision, choice... no one would know what will happen if he chooses another path... but human seems blaming themselves all the time for the wrong path they choose, while no one would complain if they succeed...

as u told me, trust urself... be more confidence, u'll find wht u wan...

Anonymous said...

^^ good point there,
I think I'll see the result of this decision making after a few months time. Time is like a wise man, I believe he comes tell us the truth at the right time.