Gossip is a big thing among many people's conversation, and even the media now where paparazzi busy going after gossips, Gossips undeniable plays an important role in people's life. These gossips make big money and industry, bringing fame and jobs to these journalist, paparazzi, entertainment for fans and the circle goes on. Same like people when they meet up, gossips brings closer connection to people because they get the updates of the current incidents and life among their friends. People do learn some new knowledge or experience through these gossips too, not pleasant for the heros in the gossip, however entertainment and lesson for the people talking and sharing them.
Something I don't like to talk about are gossips. Gossips are like the other people's dirty liners. Gossips such as an never expect incidents that have happen to someone we(the teller and receivers) know of. I never really enthusistic with what really happen to them. If someone wants to share with me his story or experience, I will be gladly to share and listen, but only with him and no one else around. Where this particular person needs me to give him an opinion and to feel better, or to find a solution.
This is why I am very not sensitive to what happen around my friends. It reminds me of an incident where a friend was bothered by a major incident, and the whole class know about it, except me. When I first heard about the story, I was a little surprise, and I said: 'OH...' where they turn to look at me for a moment. And this friend of mine ask me: 'What? You don't know anything about this? How could you don't know about this? It's been happening some time ago.'
So what? You think I must be updated about what happen to them? And so what? What benefit does he get if I know about it? Can I help him with his problem? You think by letting everyone knows about this something that is sad for him could help curing this sadnest? Yes, maybe for his close friends whom he want to share with and go through the hard time with him, that's what buddies are for. Well, frankly speaking I'm just his classmates, and an acquaintance of mine. In my opinion, if he doesn't share it with you, then why bother go spreading it around and letting everyone knows about it? For me I think it is aching to hear random people come telling me how to get over it, don't be sad lah(You think I can be happy when you tell me not to be sad when I am suppose to be sad?), or gossiping behind me about this issue. It makes the process to forget something sad and not-solvable hard for me because when I don't want to think about it and people come comforting me. Some friends of mine say I am a cold blooded animal because no one need no comfort when hard time comes. They are talking about it because they are concern about me, they want to know what happen to me, and maybe can be there when I need them.
I really don't like gossips because they could turn out something which has no evidence of truth, or what we callled rumors. When a gossip is pass down by a person to another, there might be a little random 'self evaluation' added into it when passing down to the 3rd party. No body talks exactly the same as what the previous person told him, in sentence structure. When the receiver get the story, through the intepretion of his own mind, when it is out of his mouth, the story might alter a little from the original, and the new receiver might register what the teller's opinions are in his mind, and that will be a new added story to another person. Once there's a story I read from when I was young, about a teller telling that his cow was attack by some beast in the jungle, he only heard the fierce howl of that beast, and assume it to be a pack of wolfs. Later, the story spread around the town, and at the end the story turn out to be the cow was attack by some mysterious legendary monster.
So? When a person's story was spread around as a gossip, everyone suddenly become interested with you. You are in the lime light where you are the hero in the 'drama'. People want to get a glimpse at your ordinary life, a stumble over something, an opinion with your current situation, and they are pity over you and feeling sorry for you. Well, you are not in big harm if you are a victim in an incident. If the spread gossip is about your bad deeds, you are in big harm, even if that is something clearly you've not done. Since there are no evidence of proof, and people tend to believe what they heard of especially if they are only of your acquaintance. From since then, you are judge as in the gossip hero. It is superly bad for you if that happens in your working place, or in your business, or of your relationship with your spouse. Well, pray that the influential person around you could be of analytical and rational or else things are going to be very difficult for you. And that you could prove yourself to these influential person to confide them. Emm... if your are one currently, good luck to you~
I wish I could just stay talking to things that involve around something interesting and fun, maybe some new knowledge in some field many have not heard of, maybe some experience accounter in an advanture in an outdoor activity, something that has nothing to do with other people's sin. I met with a person who is an elder to me, but every meeting with her is full with surprises and laughter. Of some new discovery, or some skills or knowledge. That is something I really enjoy.
Only people who want to share their personal stories with me, I will fully listen to them and give my concern to them. I don't give a * to any gossips.
Call me a fair weather friend:) I only love happy stories other people tell me.
Monday, 8 January 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment